People’s Republic of China
Dioxins Reduction from the Pulp and Paper Industry Project
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.:TF011898
Assignment Title: Investigation on Existing BAT/BEP (ECF/TCF) Innovated Pulp Mills
Reference No. (as per Procurement Plan): CS-23
The Government of the People’s Republic of China has received financing from the Global Environmental Fund (GEF) through World Bank toward the cost of the Dioxins Reduction from the Pulp and Paper Industry Project, and intends to apply part of the proceeds for consulting services.
The consulting services (“the Services”) include a) literature review on domestic and international BAT/BEP experience for the wood and non-wood pulp production lines, including but not limited to production data, guidance, BAT reference documents, case study report; b) questionnaire of mills adopted BAT/BEP in the whole industry of China, which is elemental chlorine-free (ECF) or totally chlorine-free (TCF) bleaching innovated mills; c) on-site investigation and monitoring of at least five selected typical mills; d) summarization of BAT/BEP implementation in the pulp and paper industry of China in the final report based on information collected and on-site investigation, as well as monitoring results; e) cooperation with other activities in the project.
The Foreign Economic Cooperation Office, Ministry of Environmental Protection of China (FECO/MEP) now invites eligible consulting firms (“Consultants”) to indicate their interest in providing the Services. Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services. The shortlisting criteria are:
1. The consultant shall be an independent legal (Expression of Interest will be rejected if the consultant is not an independent legal);
2. Successful experience in promoting BAT/BEP adoption in the pulp and paper sector, preferably in China;
3. Experience in industry research, development of industrial policy and standard.
4. Preferably familiar with China’s pulp and paper sector.
Key members of the consultant’s team shall have the following qualifications:
1. Team leader: post-graduate degree in a field related to pulp and paper production or environment management. Over 10 years’ working experience in pulp and paper industry; fluent in oral and written English; proved project management experience; excellent interpersonal capacity.
2. Pulp and paper process expert. Engineering degree in a filed related to pulp and paper production. Practical experience in managing a pulp and paper mill in China is desirable.
3. Environmental expert. Undergraduate degree in environmental engineering. Over 5 years’ practical experience in environmental management in pulp and paper industry in China. Experience on wastewater treatment in the sector is highly desirable.
4. Financial analyst. College degree in financial analysis. Successful experience in developing investment plans for construction and/or upgrading of pulp and paper mills in China.
5. Other members. The consultant may propose additional members with well-defined roles and responsibilities.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Consultants may associate with other firms in the form of a joint venture or a subconsultancy to enhance their qualifications.
A Consultant will be selected in accordance with the “Selection Based on the Consultants’ Qualifications (CQS) ” method set out in the Consultant Guidelines.
Further information can be obtained at the address below during office hours 09:00 to 17:00(Beijing time) from Monday to Friday.
Zhang Caili/Song Boyu
No.5, Houyingfang Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Post Code: 100035
Tel: +86-10-82268581, +86-10-82268962
E-mail: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org
Expressions of interest must be delivered in a written form to the address below (in person, or by mail, or by fax, or by e-mail) by 17:30 April 23, 2014.
Foreign Economic Cooperation Office, Ministry of Environmental Protection of China
Attn: Yan Wei
No. 5 Houyingfang Hutong, Xicheng District, Beijing, China
Postal Code: 100035